Our new forum is now open for business – please come and take a look!
Welcome to the WOBYC forum – this has been created to promote discussion, debate and improve communication amongst members. It is intended that this will be a friendly and social place where members, prospective members and other interested parties can post questions, provide help and support and generally chat about sailing at WOBYC.
Like all forums we have had to set some simple rules that all users are expected to obey – this is simply to ensure we all know the expected standards of behaviour. Remember that electronic communication is less personal than face to face debate and it is very easy to cause offence through an innocently worded comment! We are a friendly club so lets keep the forum that way too…Forum Rules
1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated !
2. The forum language is English only! Please only post in other languages in PM.
3. Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
4. Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
5. Please refrain from posting images larger than 800×600. This is considerate to members with slow internet speeds, and keeps the forum looking tidy.
6. Using red text is forbidden. Only moderators and administrators may use this.
7. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff will be not tolerated.
8. Please be considerate in language you use on the forum, some of our members are younger than others. Swearing is not completely banned, just do not swear unnecessarily, and only use minor words. A filter is in place to safeguard this system.
9. No hacking, and illegal activity, such as torrents and illegal downloads, this will not be tolerated, and if appropriate, may be reported to local authority.
10. Please do not post inappropriate material, I think everyone understands what I mean by this. The policy goes that if you would not feel comfortable viewing it at work, or in front of children or parents, don’t post it !
I think these rules are clear, and easy to follow. These are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all.