Club Boat Hire
WOBYC currently has a fleet of well maintained, competitive dinghies that suit a variety of different needs, skills, and sizes. Most of our club boats may only be used when there is club safety boat cover available. These time include Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons during the summer months and every Sunday morning.
Currently, the Club owns:
- 2 Training Optimists
- 3 RS Teras – with both Sport and Pro rigs
- 4 Toppers
- 1 Laser with full and radial rigs
- 2 Wanderers
If you want to use a club boat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your name, what sort of boat you would like to use and when you plan to use it. At present, there is no charge for using a club boat, but demand for these boats can be high so please plan ahead and let us know if you would like to use one.
If you intend to race in a series, please ensure you try to use the same sail number for every race as it is typically the sail number that is counted and not the sailor.
A great deal of time and effort has been put into maintaining our boats and to ensure they stay up to scratch, please look after them and ensure any defects or damage is reported so it can be fixed.
Please note, the club Toppers, Teras, Optimists, and the Laser can only be used when a club safety boat is on the water
Between April and October, it is now possible to use the club Wanderers even when there is no safety boat cover on the water so long as:
- You have been shown how to rig, launch, and pack the Wanderers away after sailing and have demonstrated that you are a competent dinghy sailor. Your name will be added to the list of approved helms.
- You have signed a disclaimer to say that you are using the boat entirely at your own risk.
- You do not sail single-handed.
- You stay on the Broad.
For more information or to apply to be considered for the list, please contact our sailing secretary Kyle at email@example.com